Friday 5 February 2016

FUTURE LEARN: GUERILLA VFX COURSE
















During half term I started a Future Learn Visual Effects for Guerilla Filmmakers. I decided to start this course because I really want to expand my skills as a filmmaker and this is a perfect way to do so. I have never fully worked with proper visual effects until I started this course. 


The first week was incredibly interesting with a few short videos from FutureLearn explaining what I would be covering during the four week course. Most of the first week was reading different articles on a variety of different techniques and filmmakers. Towards the end of the week I got a chance to practice my first piece of visual effects using a free software that FutureLearn provided called HitFilm 3 Express. I followed a very simple and easy tutorial video that taught me how to create a fake flare effect. This sort of visual effects is very helpful for filmmakers as it doesn't endanger anyone on set by lighting a real flare and it also means that there is no need to go through hundreds of flares and them constantly burning out. 

I haven't yet started the second week but I am very excited to start and learn even more about visual effects.

Here is the effect that I created whilst following the course tutorial:

        (INSERT CLIP)

1 comment: