Friday 27 November 2015

CONSTRUCTION: PROPS - ROOM TO RENT POSTER




I created this prop to show the process behind our main characters moving in with our mysterious antagonist. I took a photograph of the front of the house we are using for the main image of the poster. The text and borders were all created on Photoshop. We added the extra detail of "£50 for the first 3 months" as another way to indicate to the audience that our protagonists are struggling financially. We were originally going to say that it was 'free' but we realised this would not make much sense and decided to change it. 
The strips at the bottom are designed to look like tabs that you can pull of so you can keep the details of the advertisement. These tabs were very difficult to create as I struggled massively to make sure they were all even and looked correct. In the end I decided to leave two of the nine tabs uneven as I didn't want to spend too much of my work time trying to perfect a prop that will only be seen in the trailer for a split second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment